Steps instead of slope

Green Goblin

Gold Supporter
Nov 5, 2012
Tennessee
Considering buying a house that has a small pool- 12 x 24, rectangle.

The transition from shallow to deep end is not a slope, but rather it's steps. Never seen this before. It is a what I would consider a high-end house, built recently.

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

My mind says this may be hard to keep clean. I loved letting my little robot clean my previous rectangle pool with a slope, but the robot on the steps wasn't so good.

I don't think it'll be a deal breaker either way, just interested if anyone has any perspective on this-- am I going to end up ripping it out?

Thanks for the input!

GG,

I have my doubts that a robot will be able to keep a pool with "steps" clean...

I guess it might if the steps are wide enough... :confused:

I have never heard of that type of design...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim.

I too have my doubts on a robot doing a good job on the steps. Kind of a nuisance really, though it looks neat, and it does appear that the deep end is deeper than you'd expect for a 12x24 pool.

I've tried to add a pic here. It doesn't really show the steps due to the angle, but I think you can see the idea. If I lived in florida or texas, I probably would just move on, but where I am looking presently, it's hard to find a home with a pool.

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.21.16 PM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, here's a shot of the steps transition:

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.25.23 PM.jpg

Jim,

It's definitely too deep to be a tanning ledge-- the pictures do make it look shallow. I think of a tanning ledge as less than a foot of water depth or so-- it's definitely more than 2 feet deep there.

I'm going to measure it in a few days, but from standing at the side and looking at it-- the ledge that runs around the edge of the pool is probably 18-24" deep, and that "shallow end" probably is 3-4 feet deep at least, though perhaps I'm being fooled by the water color.

The deep end looks to be 7-8 feet, though again, perhaps this creates a bit of an illusion, perhaps it is not so deep after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Marla! I had a tiger shark before and it would clean my swimout, but my shallow end steps weren't as well cleaned (not a big deal in that pool-- I loved that tiger shark).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.