Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Morning,
I'm looking installing a Stenner pump/tank to help me keep my Ph at or just below 8.0 and was wondering what you think? I'm averaging near 2 gallons a month of acid but I expect that to go higher once summer gets here and my high TA (340ppm) makeup water starts going in. I would have it inject a few ounces a day and with regular testing make adjustments as necessary. The goal is to handle acid a little less often.

Also, I think I understand that lowering TA is more effective when the Ph is at 7.0 or 7.2 but when the Ph is higher (8.0 or 8.1) and you add acid does that lower TA as well but just less effective?
As always, thanks for the help in understanding these things.
David

Morning,
I'm looking installing a Stenner pump/tank to help me keep my Ph at or just below 8.0 and was wondering what you think? I'm averaging near 2 gallons a month of acid but I expect that to go higher once summer gets here and my high TA (340ppm) makeup water starts going in. I would have it inject a few ounces a day and with regular testing make adjustments as necessary. The goal is to handle acid a little less often.

Also, I think I understand that lowering TA is more effective when the Ph is at 7.0 or 7.2 but when the Ph is higher (8.0 or 8.1) and you add acid does that lower TA as well but just less effective?
As always, thanks for the help in understanding these things.
David
there are many threads on this forum that have done Stenner pump installations. Just search for Stenner.

Do you use the PoolMath app? there is a section on the drop down menu that shows the effect of adding. It is best to make incremental changes in pH ie. 0.1 to 0.3 rather than large changes like 0.8 etc. Addition of MA will always affect pH and TA but TA will have smaller changes for a given amount of MA.

there are many threads on this forum that have done Stenner pump installations. Just search for Stenner.

Do you use the PoolMath app? there is a section on the drop down menu that shows the effect of adding. It is best to make incremental changes in pH ie. 0.1 to 0.3 rather than large changes like 0.8 etc. Addition of MA will always affect pH and TA but TA will have smaller changes for a given amount of MA.
I've read many of them. I was just curious about the one specifically that I showed before I ordered it.

Yes, my pool logs are available. So less effective but still does lower TA when you add acid.

I guess people install the Stenner pumps and deal with the less effective TA reduction?

It takes a couple of gallons of acid to push my Ph down to the 7.0 to 7.2 range and several iterations since I don't do it all at once and its a lot of work.

I've read many of them. I was just curious about the one specifically that I showed before I ordered it.

Yes, my pool logs are available. So less effective but still does lower TA when you add acid.

I guess people install the Stenner pumps and deal with the less effective TA reduction?

It takes a couple of gallons of acid to push my Ph down to the 7.0 to 7.2 range and several iterations since I don't do it all at once and its a lot of work.
Clearly dealing with a 50k gal pool is quite different from the norm of 15k to 35k gal pools. That is obvious since you have 2 60k SWCGs. However, I have found, once I got my TA to the 70 range, my TA was very stable and my increases in pH was minimal.
Good luck with the Stenner pump. There is a member from Stenner on the site (@Stenner Tech LV ) but not sure how often they monitor the site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.