Stenner Pump System

Mctwist937

Jun 5, 2016
Orange, CT
Hello -

Looking into buying a stenner pump, tank, etc, for my 21,000 gal inground vinyl pool. I have a hayward superpump SP2607Z1MTG. Any direction on what pump to get would be appreciated. Also tank type, connection method tips etc, all would be welcomed. Is it fine to have the tank outside? Or basement? Pool requires about 1/2 gallon a day

Thanks!

image0.jpeg

Most any Stenner pump would work depending on how much you want to run the main pump.

A lot of people go with a fixed rate 10 gpd pump and run it with their automation system or a timer. A lot of people buy the Stenner tank to go with the pump, but people also use 15 gallon plastic barrels (like me). The choice is yours.

Our drum is outside and it does fine. I don't notice a degradation in strength over the time we use a drum of bleach. so sitting it outside is fine.

The Stenner pumps come with the injection fittings and you can decide whether you want to drill and tap the piping or if you want to add a reducing tee to accept it.

Reactions: EngineerNerd
Agree w Bama lots of options and any will work. Love my Stenner and I do have the 10 gpd fixed rate. Its easy to change your rate if you find you need it different. The tube size determines flow rate and that can be swapped out to go higher or lower from your original purchase.

Only thing to be careful of is the timer coordination. If you don’t run your pool pump 24/7 you need to find a way to coordinate Stenner and pool pump so Stenner isn’t running when pool pump is off. How to do this depends on what timers etc you have set up now. I wired my Stenner outlet off of my pump timer so its not powered unless the pump has power

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.