Stenner Pump stopped working

texasdad

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 10, 2011
DFW Metro
I've had my Stenner pump for 6 or so years no and it has worked great. Over that time I've had to replace the tube a few times.

My chlorine recently dropped to near 0 in my pool with everything else looking good so I figured it wasn't getting the daily chlorine. I replaced the the Stennner #2 tube and could not get it to pump any bleach still. After reading trouble shooting tips on the Stenner website I ordered the new roller set for it. With the new rollers it still won't pump.

The rollers are spinning. I can see the tube being squeezed as the rollers go around. But no bleach is pumped out.

I've blown air through the lines and they are clear.

Any ideas what's going on here?

You could have a leak on the suction side from a cracked hose or fitting. If you have a duckbill check valve, it could be plugged. If you've never changed your black hoses in 6 years you could have sufficient sediment deposits to plug the line. Depending on how you attached the injector, you could have some sediment deposits in that fitting and the injector.

I've had my Stenner about 4 years and have had all these issues. I now change the pump tube and hoses every year, and no longer use a duckbill check valve. I remove the injector every time I backwash my filter - usually twice a year - and clean it and the PVC "T" fitting. Last year I opened the pump's gearbox and re-distributed that really stiff green grease to quiet it down.

I had a similar issue and went thru a few steps before i figured it out. Mine was only pumping at half the rate it should. I replaced the Stenner tube and not change. I blew the lines out and no change. I finally realized that one of the ferrules had a bad spot and was allowing air in on the suction side or the stenner tube. Replaced that and its back to normal.

Agree with both posts above.

My typical routine is to check the tube (just replaced) and to check the duckbill (usually clogs about once a year). I keep extra ferrules, duckbills, tubes, and after I had to have one pump rebuilt after the rollers wouldn't lock, now I have an extra pump on hand for emergency replacement.

I hadn't thought of removing the duckbill, as CA92807 suggests. That may be a good idea.

I haven't had a problem with the intake or the lines yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.