Stenner pump problem

lvrpl

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2015
Dallas, TX
I've had my Stenner installed for two summers. This last week it stopped pumping chlorine out of the injection quill. The pump still runs and the rollers are moving - there's just nothing coming out the injection quill.

Any suggestions of how or what to troubleshoot first? Thanks for any advice.

Yes the pump tube, it wears out and is recommended to be replaced annually. You should inspect your suction tubing and the connection point to make sure the ferrule is in place and sealing correctly. Even a small air leak on the suction side will prevent the pump from picking up suction, but likely won't appear to outwardly leak.

The duckbill injection nozzle can also become plugged or restricted, you may need to clean that as well.

Here is a video that may help with the tube replacement

Stenner QuickPro Pump Tube Replacement Single Head Fixed Output - YouTube

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out on Saturday when I get a little time.

Also I remember that the pump came with an extra set of internal tubes - any idea if those are the same flow rate as what I ordered the pump for? Or do they tend to send a different flow rate set of tubes?

Thanks.

You need to remove all the salt deposits. I take my injector apart and let it soak in diluted acid in an open area. Rinse and reassemble. If the wedge end of the duckbill isn't closed, replace it. Before you replace the injector also check for deposits in the fitting. I was surprised to find mine nearly plugged.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.