Stenner pump injection point

cme4oil

Bronze Supporter
Sep 19, 2019
Phoenix Arizona
Wanted to get a few opinions on the best injection point in my return piping. Attached a picture of my return line from the filter.

There is a 45 right off the filter with a short piece before another 45, I could stick a tee in there but is there any issue with it being so close to the filter?

The other location for a tee would be the downpipe but would require a bit more plumbing.

The last option, just tap the pipe on the 90 above the downpipe or in the downpipe itself for ¼ NPT..

What do you think?

Attachments

• retrun.jpg
    retrun.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 38
Hey, that's what I said... Thanks for the opinions. If I was to put it on the 45, in the unlikely event that the pump wasn't running, seems that chlorine could gravity feed back to the filter. I'm not sure what might happen in this case, anyone?

Hey, that's what I said... Thanks for the opinions. If I was to put it on the 45, in the unlikely event that the pump wasn't running, seems that chlorine could gravity feed back to the filter. I'm not sure what might happen in this case, anyone?

That's why I would put it in the vertical. I don't know that the liquid would hurt the filter, but I wouldn't install like that if I had an obvious option that would not pump into the filter. I had the same concerns when I installed mine.

I used a T fitting with a 1/2" port on it. I liked the depth that the port was in the plumbing using the 1/2" threads on the injector and also the fact that it seemed more structurally sound with it protruding less from the plumbing. If it ever gets bumped, it seems less likely to break.

I bought a 2 x 2 x 1/2 Tee and just tried the 1/2 inch threads on the injector, I think I like it with the injection point a little deeper. I agree that you have to mount wisely and consider the best location to help prevent errant bumps.

Right now I am leaning towards the 45, it is more “out of the way” of any normal foot traffic that might bump it. The only reason to not put it there would be my filter pump failing. I would know that pretty quick. I also run my VS pump around 1200 rpm about 15 hours a day. I know I don’t ”need” to run it that much but it draws so little electricity I don’t even consider it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.