Stenner Pump—How to adjust daily dosage to meet target FC?

Par4monkey

Jul 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello. Next summer I’d really like to get a stenner pump, tank and timer to avoid adding (manually) liquid chlorine each night. But each night when I test the ounces needed varies based on my FC reading (to hit my target range). Am I missing something? Is there a device that reads your chlorine level as well and feeds the pool “as needed” throughout the day? I don’t want to set it to release 72 ounces per day at 11pm if that number varies every day. Any input is appreciated.
Thank you!

Is there a device that reads your chlorine level as well and feeds the pool “as needed” throughout the day?
Nope….and if you find one please let everyone know!! You just have to find the right amount of pump time that keeps you above your minimum fc level. Having some buffer between how low it gets and the actual minimum you want helps. If the level gets too close to that actual minimum, give the pump a little more time that day. If that starts to happen too often; put more time on your timer.

I can go a week plus without having to make any adjustments. But when that 90+ sunny day hits some more fc is always called for. Ive got a countdown timer wired up to give that extra hour of Stenner pumping when its needed in addition to the regular daily schedule

Reactions: RonsPlc
The timer I use also has a feature for a count-down timer that only runs when I kick it into play outside of the regular schedule(s).
If I notice my FC being a bit low, I kick it into play manually (push a button), and check again at the same time the following day, if I need to use it more often than not, I adjust the pump run times in the schedule.

Nope….and if you find one please let everyone know!! You just have to find the right amount of pump time that keeps you above your minimum fc level. Having some buffer between how low it gets and the actual minimum you want helps. If the level gets too close to that actual minimum, give the pump a little more time that day. If that starts to happen too often; put more time on your timer.

I can go a week plus without having to make any adjustments. But when that 90+ sunny day hits some more fc is always called for. Ive got a countdown timer wired up to give that extra hour of Stenner pumping when its needed in addition to the regular daily schedule

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.