Stenner Pump has suction, but not pumping Cl.

Invictoid

In The Industry
Aug 3, 2020
Houston
So our Cl stenner pump for our indoor pool is usually very self reliant but a few days ago it suddenly stopped pumping and the CL started dropping

There are no clogs or blockages anywhere, I disconnected all tubing everywhere and checked, all clean.

I put my finger on the suction side of the inner tube and there was good suction so the issue has to be between there and the CL tank, right?

I went ahead and replaced everything from the tube inside the pump all the way to the weight at the end of the tube in the Cl tank and it is still not pumping.

I used soapy water to check everywhere along the line where there might be a leak and suction is being lost and still nothing.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am lost.

So our Cl stenner pump for our indoor pool is usually very self reliant but a few days ago it suddenly stopped pumping and the CL started dropping

There are no clogs or blockages anywhere, I disconnected all tubing everywhere and checked, all clean.

I put my finger on the suction side of the inner tube and there was good suction so the issue has to be between there and the CL tank, right?

I went ahead and replaced everything from the tube inside the pump all the way to the weight at the end of the tube in the Cl tank and it is still not pumping.

I used soapy water to check everywhere along the line where there might be a leak and suction is being lost and still nothing.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am lost.
Hi,

What is the model and serial number from your pump?

If you are having issues with the output of the pump, it may be the suction tubing is not pushed into the pump tube as far as it will go. Make sure the ferrule is not crushed. Another place to check would be the injection fitting making sure there is no calcification at the point of injection (in the water line). Let us know if this helps.

Please do not hesitate to ask here.

Thank you for choosing Stenner Pumps for your application.

Last edited by a moderator:
A majority of the time when the pump won't suck liquid it's because it's leaking at the fitting between the pump tube and the suction tubing. that nut and ferrule is pretty sensitive to under and over tightening.

You said that you replaced the pump tube and the suction tubing, but did you replace the nut and ferrule at the suction end of the pump tube?

In a bind when I didn't have a spare ferrule, I have wrapped a little teflon tape around the ferrule and got by till I could order a few. I have also used a tiny o-ring to seal it temporarily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.