States with the largest amount of new builds

Dangit, I mis-read the article a bit. It oddly calls out the metro areas that gained > 1.2 million people then goes into the areas that surpassed 1 million in total. I misread those as growing by 1 million. Regardless, I still say those areas with a ton of growth and hot weather are going to have a lot of pool building.

Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston were also two of the nation’s three metro areas to gain at least 1.2 million people over the decade. New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA was the third.

Five metro areas crossed the 1.0 million-person threshold between 2010 and 2020: Grand Rapids-Kentwood, MI; Tucson, AZ; Urban Honolulu, HI; Tulsa, OK; and Fresno, CA.

it's still an "event" to get everything packed up and toted over.
Omg Preach!!! We had beloved neighbors across the street with an open invite to use their pool. Packing up and making snacks and loading up the wagon like we were headed out west........ yeah. No. :laughblue:

I was talking with the owner of Pinch a Penny pool store (had to purchase some more liquid chlorine) and I asked him about how he got into the pool business and how did PaP decide where they would allow stores to be built since they are a franchise business model. He said the next closest PaP to him was 3 miles away and in his "area" there were over 10,000 pools and growing. Furthermore, he is in a developed area where there is not much new construction so existing homes are building pools in addition to that which are in place.

In my estimation of his area, there are also 2 Leslie's pool stores and 1 Texsun Pool Store plus several Walmarts, 2 Home Depots, 1 Lowe's - so the pool supply business can be very competitive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.