Starting the Algae Battle (Again)

Wow, just wow! That is a huge difference in just one day. Keep up the great job. Should it clear enough that you decide you do want to swim in it while slamming please let the FC drop to 14ppm for safety before you get in. Other than that little safety tip all I can say is, Go You!!!! Have a nice night. :)

EDIT: Richard320 does a Green to Clean Inspirational thread that if you keep up this progress your pool may end up in?

Thanks Crackerjack!! I'm kind of thinking I might be able to swim tomorrow!! Lol. I appreciate the safety tip! I will certainly lower the FC to 14ppm should I decide to swim. And as far as the green to clean thread goes, I guess we will see :) :)

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

630 UPDATE:

Test 5- 5:50 (31 drops) (10ml) x.5
FC- 15.5ppm

Test 6- 6:30pm (31 drops) (10ml) x.5
FC- 15.5ppm

Current:
0f017cd24a49656b6e09375490a1ff06.jpg

After test 5 I brushed the pool floor and brushed a lot of algae in the shallow to the deep end. Note that I am adding a little more chlorine after each test to raise FC back to 16ppm.

This is awesome!

Jason

Yes it is Awesome. :party: That's unbelievably that it has cleared that much in one day. That pool must have one massive filtration system on it to be circulating, and clearing it that quickly. Keep up the great job. It will be crystal clear before you know it.

Since you are clearing so quickly in the morning you might want to go ahead and check a CC level, when you check the FC level, so you can see if there is anything in there still, or if it is just needing to circulate to clear. The rate it is clearing it may be clear by morning? Just do it as an OCLT using a 10ml sample and we'll see if 2 of the 3 pass yet.

630 UPDATE:

Test 5- 5:50 (31 drops) (10ml) x.5
FC- 15.5ppm

Test 6- 6:30pm (31 drops) (10ml) x.5
FC- 15.5ppm

Current:
0f017cd24a49656b6e09375490a1ff06.jpg

After test 5 I brushed the pool floor and brushed a lot of algae in the shallow to the deep end. Note that I am adding a little more chlorine after each test to raise FC back to 16ppm.

This is awesome!

Jason

Jason - Adding back after testing is exactly what you should be doing. No wonder you're having such good progress.

Since you are clearing so quickly in the morning you might want to go ahead and check a CC level, when you check the FC level, so you can see if there is anything in there still, or if it is just needing to circulate to clear. The rate it is clearing it may be clear by morning? Just do it as an OCLT using a 10ml sample and we'll see if 2 of the 3 pass yet.

I will go ahead and do that. Looking forward to finding out!!

920 Update:

Test 7- 7pm (33 drops) (10ml) x.5
FC- 16.5ppm

Test 8- 8pm (30 drops) (10ml) x.5
FC- 15ppm

Test 9- 9:20pm (30 drops) (10ml) x.5
FC- 15ppm

I added more liquid chlorine to raise back to 16ppm for the night and this will be the last test for the night.

Last progress picture of the night. More to come tomorrow! OCLT to come in the AM.

1cbad1a45975dc754ca67dbe56cc976e.jpg

Jason

It is a little more clear than the previous one. I had to enlarge it to see the progress this time, but it is there. I'm using the steps as my marker for clarity. In the one earlier, the top step was slightly more cloudy then it is now, and lol my dirty touch screen on the computer doesn't help me out any either. Yelp, LOL I'm thinking I need to clean this screen in the near future. Good luck on the OCLT in the morning. Have a nice night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
7AM UPDATE:

OCLT: Failed
Loss of 1ppm or less FC: Fail
CC less than .5ppm: Fail
Water Clear: Fail

While all is not negative, the morning picture does show progress or the evening picture which is great!

Test 1- 6:50am (19 drops) (10ml) x.5
2 drops for CC test
FC- 9.5ppm
CC- 1ppm
Note: OCLT FAIL, raising to shock level.

Progress Picture (6:50am)
f1d3bb400181a9db74b2db79f9e68c3a.jpg

More work to come!!

Jason

Jason! I just wanted to jump in and say HI! and GREAT JOB!

You started this just as I was going back to work (I teach Kindergarten so VERY busy and tried right now LOL) so I was not able to follow along...BUT everyone else has done a great job helping you out.

It is so nice to see someone that "gets it"! Read, ordered test kit, made a plan, following the directions! WOW! Can we keep you???????? LOL

Until your pool is clearer I would not bother doing a OCLT. Just test the FC every time and maybe once a day test for CC so you can see your wonderful progress.

How is Grandma feeling about the pool now? Is she feeding you good for all of your trouble?

Kim

Yep, you got the idea. The OCLT is defiantly something you want to be able to do. It's just a little to soon. When you can see the bottom clearly and can read a quarter heads or tails, then will be the time for that. I can't wait to see today's pics!!

Looking good!!! Well at least you know now after the check what's still in there, and there's still a little ways left to go, but no doubt with the awesome progress you're making, you will get there soon. Have a wonderful day!

Jason! I just wanted to jump in and say HI! and GREAT JOB!

You started this just as I was going back to work (I teach Kindergarten so VERY busy and tried right now LOL) so I was not able to follow along...BUT everyone else has done a great job helping you out.

It is so nice to see someone that "gets it"! Read, ordered test kit, made a plan, following the directions! WOW! Can we keep you???????? LOL

Until your pool is clearer I would not bother doing a OCLT. Just test the FC every time and maybe once a day test for CC so you can see your wonderful progress.

How is Grandma feeling about the pool now? Is she feeding you good for all of your trouble?

Kim

LOL Kim!! Thank you! It was good to check and get a baseline of where I am on CC. Grandma is very excited that the pool is not green! I'm doing my best to educate her on the steps and plan of action while doing this and she is loving it! My fiancée and I are staying the weekend here so I can keep close tabs on testing. We always eat good at Grandma's :).

Thanks for the great words!

Jason

Yes it is Meg. The quick progress is unbelievable.

In regards to last nights OCLT check: Thanks guys for coming to the rescue. Sorry if I instructed him incorrectly. :(. Him checking the OCLT last night was done on my suggestion. (LOL It was My fault, not his, I made him jump the gun LOL).

Anyway, that's why we're all here so we can learn the proper way of doing things, and pass along/teach what we've learned, so thank you both for helping to set us both back on the right track.

I just want to take a second to explain Why I had him check an overnight when I did. My reason for suggesting that he check an overnight was: He hadn't checked a CC, and I figured why just not see where the CC is currently at, and how much of an overnight FC drop he has because of all the quick awesome progress he had already made. (I knew he wouldn't pass all 3 because the pool wasn't clear yet, but was more curious as to what the overnight numbers would show was still alive under the cloudy water. (How close is it right now to passing OCLT). My pool during Slam did in fact have a 1ppm or less overnight drop, and <.5 CC level consistently for many mornings in a row, although it took a week or more even with the holding numbers to still clear the cloudy water. My suggestion for the overnight wasn't as much about thinking it would pass those 2 criteria. I was hoping it would, but not necessarily expecting it to. It was suggested more about seeing where his CC level was currently at, and how well the FC was actually holding overnight. Anyway thanks again guys your info is awesome as always. Sorry Poolman7, lol I guess I got excited from the rapid progress you had made, but at least you know where your numbers are currently at, and not to fear Poolman, you WILL get there because there are so many wonderful, and knowledgeable people here who will make sure that you do. :). Have a Wonderful Day, and keep up the Great Job!!!!

I'm thinking it must be one huge water pumping sand filter too the way it is clearing all that water so quickly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.