Starting my SLAM.

Jan 31, 2016
Sonora, California
Water looks good but I am loosing too much chlorine every day that my IC-60 can barely keep a FC reading of 1.0. Last Wednesday I raised the FC to 5 with liquid chlorine and this morning it was back to 1. My pump runs at 1,700 rpms for 8hrs/day and 3,100 rpms for 3 hours per day. Here are my readings from this morning:

Ph: 7.5
FC: 1.0
CC: 0
Ch: 150
TA: 70
CYA: 30

Well, no doubt the FC is way too low and algae may be present. Plus your CYA was way too low for a SWG pool which is probably why the SWG couldn't keep-up. Do you see any cloudiness or green? If not, you might go ahead an increase FC to about 10 for tonight with bleach and do an overnight (OCLT) test. If you pass, simply keep the FC elevated for a couple days while you add more stabilizer for the SWG recommended 70 CYA for a salt pool. Just a thought.

If you're sure a SLAM is warranted, turn off (or down) the SWG, lower pH to about 7.2, and increase FC to 12 and keep it that way until you pass the 3 SLAM criteria. Hope it all works out for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.