G0R1LLAMUNCH

Jul 28, 2019
Montreal, QC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Starting a 24' round salt above ground pool. My water is green. My question is WHEN to SLAM during the opening process. Do I balance my other chemicals first? Or only balance a few then slam? Or just slam?

Christina has the right idea. The only other thing to consider, if it's a factor for you, is the cost and availability of liquid chlorine in your area. You will probably go through quite a few gallons. So if cost or availability is an issue, some people opt nowadays to do a partial water exchange since the water is cheaper in some areas. They still have to do the SLAM Process, but it helps a bit.

Once you confirm your CYA, go to the FC/CYA Levels to find your proper FC (SLAM) level and go for it.

• Love
Reactions: clambert1273
Christina has the right idea. The only other thing to consider, if it's a factor for you, is the cost and availability of liquid chlorine in your area. You will probably go through quite a few gallons. So if cost or availability is an issue, some people opt nowadays to do a partial water exchange since the water is cheaper in some areas. They still have to do the SLAM Process, but it helps a bit.

Once you confirm your CYA, go to the FC/CYA Levels to find your proper FC (SLAM) level and go for it.
Lol guess I don't think about that since I just did 38 gallons on mine 😂😂

Never thought about the just switch the water, I don't have a water meter so this would be way cheaper. Cheers

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.