Start-up without access to liquid chlorine?

Reactions: laprjns
We are seeing bleach come back in the grocery stores and the large home improvement stores. Our local pool supply place has plenty of liquid chlorine too.

I am not 100% positive, but I would think adding Polyquat 60 may assist you during this time.

Thanks - didn’t know about that place. I had used the tool for finding liquid on the blog here, but the only place listed doesn’t have any in stock at the moment.

Is everyone finding enough liquid to keep their pools going?
I’m in liquid shock heaven over here, I guess. So far I’ve found it at:

- Local pool store (reasonably priced around $3.67/gal)
- Farm and Fleet (local hardware/farm supply store, about $3.50/gal in boxes of 4-packs)
- Woodman’s (local food market, $10 for a 4-pack of 12.5%!)
- Standard availability at Home Depot, Walmart, Menards, Ace

We are seeing bleach come back in the grocery stores and the large home improvement stores. Our local pool supply place has plenty of liquid chlorine too.

I am not 100% positive, but I would think adding Polyquat 60 may assist you during this time.
Polyquat will cancel out chlorine. Only recommended at closing time for insurance for winterized pools.

Ocean State Job Lot is the place to go if there is one within a reasonable distance. They always have stock (during the pool season), and it is alway fresh and it has been $2.99 a gallon for 12.5% since I started getting my chlorine there in 2013.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.