Start capacitor for Hayward Super II pump - part number?

Jul 5, 2016
Biddeford, Maine
I think my start capacitor is beginning to fail -- last time I shut the pump off, it hummed a bit (a second or so) before finally starting. The pump is probably at least 8 years old - -works fine otherwise.

Anyway, I'd like to have a spare capacitor on hand, should this fail. Question is, what size should I get? I don't want to turn the pump off to check the information on the existing capacitor.

I can't seem to find a code online. Does anyone here know?

It's a Hayward Super II Pump. AO Smith 1 hp motor. Serial #8b06, model number C48K2N14343. Wired for 220.

Thanks!

Instead of another capacitor for an old motor, have you considered just replacing the motor w/ a 2 speed? Based on your signature you could run the pump on the lower speed for filtration and save money in the long run.

Pump setup and label are attached. Lighting on the label isn't all that great -- the model is C48K2N14343. I have thought of replacing the pump with something more efficient, but it's still relatively new (as these things go, perhaps 10 years?) and I'm not sure how many more years we'll be keeping the pool. And since a new capacitor will only cost $20, I'll at least fix that. I am curious though -- any sense of how much a two-speed pump would save me?

Attachments

• pumpsetup.jpg
    pumpsetup.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 11
  • pumplabel.jpg
    pumplabel.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: JamesW and guinness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.