Stand-by mode not working most of the type for Hydropool Swim Spa

spoxta

Apr 28, 2021
San Jose, CA
Ahoj,

I own a Hydropool Swim Spa AquaTrainer 14fx. To access the filter cartridge and also refill sanitizer tablets, there is a "standby mode" setting, which supposedly should shut down all pumps (well most importantly the circulation pump).

This stand-by mode only works like 25% of the time, i.e. in 3 out of 4 times I want to use it, it doesn't work, i.e. the circulation pump just keeps running. I then have to go to the breaker box and pull the breaker instead.

About a year ago (maybe a bit longer), I called the dealer and after a while they decided they need to replace the controller modules ("jet packs"). This became a multi-month disaster with multiple replacements and the pool out of commission, due to miscommunication and incompetence on multiple levels, I don't want to get into this now. So that's why I can't rely on the dealer or the manufacturer to fix it (or even getting useful answers) and hopefully this forum is more helpful.

A few more details:

The Swim-Spa has now the a Gecko YE-12 master controller and an additional YE-0 heater element (the original config was two YE-5 controllers in primary/secondary mode).
The circulation pump is a Gecko "AquaFlo CircMaster".

Everything more or less works well, except the stand-by mode issue persists since the beginning.

One plausible explanation at one time was that the pump keeps running if the heater is on to prevent overheating. That makes sense, but the problem also happens when the heater is not on. This can be easily tested by lowering the setpoint and waiting a few minutes, which guarantees the heater to be off. Still problem occurs.

Maybe I am doing something else wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yeah, they are pretty backed up. I just waited a week to hear from them about a parts availability question, but they did answer. Tech support might be even farther behind. Balboa (geckos leading competitor) has stopped answering their tech support lines and now require emails. It seems to be an industry wide issue right now, as I am sure is the case for many other things as well here in the covid era. That might be why your dealer can't get any answers either so is throwing parts at it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.