Stamped concrete stains

Rr42

Jul 1, 2018
Millis, MA
This is our second season with our inground pool and I recently noticed that our stamped concrete is becoming stained dark in one specific area. The concrete was sealed 14 months ago when it was installed. It’s an area we have a sectional and coffee table. I’m thinking that when guests come over and spray their kids with sunscreen, it’s getting on the pool deck and staining it. If it’s not that, it’s dirty feet or something since that’s a high traffic area. I tried scrubbing the area with diluted dish soap, no change. I tried oxyclean but it didn’t make a difference. I even tried lightly power washing the area and nothing. Any suggestions for how to get this area looking more like the rest of the pool deck?

Attachments

• 301DD96D-8D51-4A78-8AA3-37A9142D94A8.jpeg
    301DD96D-8D51-4A78-8AA3-37A9142D94A8.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 54
Are you sure it isn't the opposite? The area has been protected from the sun and the rest of the area faded while that area retained it's original shine? Hard to tell from the pic. Like pulling a sectional rug off a tile floor that hasn't moved in years.

Definitely not the opposite. The area in the middle of the photo that’s lighter is where the coffee table sits so that’s the area that’s protected. That lighter color is the original color of the concrete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.