PoolGeek22

Apr 29, 2021
VA / MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
New concrete 20x40 rectangular pool with diving board, excavated yesterday. Down to wire, but we’re still debating shallow end entry stair design / placement. One option is a centered semi circle with a 5-foot radius. Other option is diagonal stairs in one of the shallow corners. Wife likes the grander centered stairs, I like the idea of having a more open layout in the shallow end with stairs in the corner. What do you think?

New concrete 20x40 rectangular pool with diving board, excavated yesterday. Down to wire, but we’re still debating shallow end entry stair design / placement. One option is a centered semi circle with a 5-foot radius. Other option is diagonal stairs in one of the shallow corners. Wife likes the grander centered stairs, I like the idea of having a more open layout in the shallow end with stairs in the corner. What do you think?
If you have small children I would go for the semi circle. I could see them playing in that area of the pool and easy to supervise by adults sitting on the semi-circle steps.

Always agree with the wife. 😉

You have to think about places you might want to "hang out" in the water. If the pool is fairly large, then the center steps may give a better place to just sit in the shallow water. If you don't have a sun shelf, the center steps may be a better option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.