Reactions: Mdragger88
Get some plain old, chewable, vitamin C, take about 15 or 20 of them crush them up and put them in a sock or pantyhose. You might need a small rock to weight it down. If the stain is gone or lightens up significantly in 30 minutes, then you have iron staining. I certainly don’t want to jump the gun, but it looks very similar to my iron Staining.

Reactions: trafficdoc
Get some plain old, chewable, vitamin C, take about 15 or 20 of them crush them up and put them in a sock or pantyhose. You might need a small rock to weight it down. If the stain is gone or lightens up significantly in 30 minutes, then you have iron staining. I certainly don’t want to jump the gun, but it looks very similar to my iron Staining.
I tried your suggestion and it didn't even lighten the stain at all, unfortunately.

I have tried all of the following attempts to rid my pool bottom of these stains and none of them have worked:

Vitamin C chewable tablets crushed and put in pantyhose to the stain for 30 minutes
Using a cut half of lemon to the stain for 30 minutes
Scraping stains with a chlorine puck
Crushing up a chlorine puck and pouring it down a piece of PVC to directly sit on the stain

It's so frustrating that not one of these suggestions have helped!

If anyone has any other ideas why these stains might be happening, I'd appreciate the suggestions.
I started out with about 3 of these stains last summer and now I have about 9 of them this summer. I'm at a loss!

Try Jacks Magic Stain ID Kit.

Sand a stain area with 80/100 grit wet/dry sandpaper.

Reactions: trafficdoc
So, I've read that Jack's Magic Stain ID Kit can actually CAUSE some people to have a pool stain that they didn't already have. Have you personally used this product?
Never seen that said.

I never have had stains.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.