Staining of grout around coping AFTER Cleaning

Wwheeler

Jun 19, 2021
Pensacola, FL
Hi Everyone,

I am a new pool owner, and just had a company come to soft wash the outside of my house. I have an inground gunite pool with what I think is natural stone around the edge as coping. Although the pool is only a couple months old, there were a few clay stains on the grout around the coping. I asked the company if they can get them out, and they applied an acid (I think it was absorbic) to take care of it. Initially, it worked great. The stains were almost completely gone, but today (2 days later and after some rain) it is far worse than it was before and now looks more like rust that is now running even onto my pavers. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any help or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_3156.jpeg

Hi and welcome to TFP! I bet your heart skipped a beat when you saw that back :( What did they put under the deck? I wonder if something is leaching up from what is under there. I have an idea but will wait for your answer first.

Thanks! It definitely skipped a beat. I'm not sure what you mean by under the deck. I didn't watch the whole process of the build, so I'm not sure. Underneath the pavers were small rocks that they compacted and under the coping, I assume, is just the gunite itself. I'm not sure it is coming from underneath the stone. I also see it on the side of the stone facing into the pool, which has nothing underneath it. It seems like it is coming out of the stone itself. I should clarify, the acid was put on the stone, not the pavers.

That is what I was asking about...........what did they put the decking pavers on. With what you are saying it really dose seem as if it is coming from the coping stones. .

I wonder if you do another treatment on it if that will do more harm than good..............hummmmmmmmmmm...............lets try this...............get a pool tablet and some vitamin C tablets. Wet the pool tablet and let it sit on one of the spot for about 5 mins. You should also crush up some of the vitamin C tablets. Put them in a sock and wet them. Put them on a different spot. Let us know what happens to each area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.