Silver Supporter
Dec 20, 2015
Arnold md.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, hope everyone is having a great summer. I have some small stains on some stairs that I believe is some scale but not really sure. What do you guys use for small areas like this? Any Jacks Magic guys out there? Thx in advance

Depends on what the stain is. If it's scale, you'll need some elbow grease, or see if you can scrape and collect any of it. Place in a pile on the grass and pour a little acid on it. If it fizzles, it's calcium scale. But try the easy things first. Vitamin C tablet(s) to see if it's iron. A chlorine tab (move occasionally) to see if it's organic. Dry acid in a sock to see if it's copper.

Reactions: vbertone
I do know there is nothing to scrape. It’s flat and seems to be in the plaster. That was why I was thinking it was not scale but I have tried the tablet and had no change in color. Will try the dry acid. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.