Stain and Scale Prevent - timeframe/initial chemical balancing question

x0morganna

Aug 6, 2021
Trumbull, CT
Hi! New pool owner here - I have a Bestway Steel Pro Max 15x48. It has been a very long, stressful and (to be completely honest) somewhat traumatizing journey for my husband and I trying to get this pool up and running. It's August 9th and here in the Northeast US, I've got MAYBE two more months until I'll have to take this pool down for the winter. I'm looking to get my chemicals balanced as quickly and efficiently as I can.

Last night we had a water test done at Leslie's and a few issues came up. They recommended we start with the stain and scale prevent, which we did - we added that around 7pm last night. My question is, do I have to wait a full 24 hours as the report says or can I move onto the next step (Alkalinity Up) now, at around 20 hours? Each step from here is about 4 hours apart and I'd rather not be out there in the dark adding chemicals or have to drag this out for more days than necessary. Image of the test results are below.

Attachments

• IMG_1595.PNG
    IMG_1595.PNG
    497.6 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to TFP.

We don't give pool care recommendations based on pool store tests. We find they are not accurate and lead you in the wrong directions. Get your own test kit. Either a TF-100 Test Kits or the Taylor K-2006C.

I would have told you that you do not need the Stain and Scale Prevent.

Read Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.