Stabilizer

Perpetual summer

Silver Supporter
Feb 17, 2017
281
Ohio
I haven’t tested complete set of tests for a month. Today I tested and CYA was down from 80 to 50. Had more rain than usual and drained a few times, maybe 2” in total. Weather has been cloudy, rainy, minimal exposer to sun for last month. Fc has been holding very well. My question is this, since this is mid sept. and 3 weeks until closing. Should I bring CYA to the recommended 80 or let it go until spring and raise at opening? I lost some CYA over last winter.
 

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Me personally Rick, but if your FC is holding okay for now and the SWG not struggling, I'd leave it. Once the pool is closed, some CYA will degrade, but if you close at 50 you should be fine at opening. That way when you do an opening SLAM you'll be closer to 30 with a lower FC requirement for the SLAM.
 

Perpetual summer

Silver Supporter
Feb 17, 2017
281
Ohio
Thanks, I debated leaving it for this year. SWG is at a low setting and Grape, your right-sun sitting lower not as strong and this cloudy weather most days, I probably don’t need CYA of 80. Pat, I didn’t think of the lower slam next year. Good plan, Thanks again.