stabilizer not calculating correctly to test results

swamprat69

Mar 30, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Drained and refilled pool. added 64 Oz, stabilizer (dry) which should bring CYA to 32 in 15K pool. Ran pump for 2 days. CYA reads low to mid 20's??? CH 350, TA 90 PH 7.5 FC 6. Was planning on using pucks to bring CYA up to ~ 40 while I was away, but didn't want to add enough to do that and then suddenly have the dissappearing 10 CYA show up later???

If you have added it, I would assume it is there for now. Test in a week or two to confirm. Assume you used sock method, had be at least 24 hours since all product was dissolved.

Drained and refilled pool. added 64 Oz, stabilizer (dry) which should bring CYA to 32 in 15K pool. Ran pump for 2 days. CYA reads low to mid 20's??? CH 350, TA 90 PH 7.5 FC 6. Was planning on using pucks to bring CYA up to ~ 40 while I was away, but didn't want to add enough to do that and then suddenly have the dissappearing 10 CYA show up later???
The test is only good for +/-10ppm, which is within your result.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.