Stabilizer dissolved way fast!

Ribbod

May 30, 2018
Marietta/ga
I put 32 oz. of granulated stabilizer in a knee-high stocking in front of return and when I went to squeeze it, it all dissolved, 45 minutes later...
I guess Im concerned there was a problem, as I have been reading it takes 24 hours to dissolve. That seemed way too easy!

I find that CYA in knee-highs, hanging in front of a return, is the fastest way for me to add CYA.. Although 45 minutes is pretty fast..

I would wait a day and start testing for it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Ribbod
I found this new product from hth pod stabilizer. I’m going to try it out tonight after work. There 8 (8oz). They recommend to use 1 pod at a time and keep the pump running for 48 hours.

Attachments

• C151B4FA-AEAB-442B-AC69-2CF70F5AAA5D.jpeg
    C151B4FA-AEAB-442B-AC69-2CF70F5AAA5D.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Ribbod
There was a thread awhile back on the pod things. The packet dissolves really fast and the CYA is sucked into the filter. I would suggest checking the skimmer a couple hour after putting it in to be sure it dissolved OK. Then wait 7 days to test.

I had a replaster done close to a month now. I finished 4 llbs of stabilizer over a week ago but my cya still at 20. Accord to pool math I should have 30 after added 4 lbs. but I had a lot of rain for the past couple weeks. Are this rain can lower my cya?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.