Awindhorst

Jul 18, 2022
Phoenix, Az
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello All. First time pool owner, recently purchased a new to me home in Arizona. I am going through and doing some long overdue maintenance on the pool. I am getting to the point where I think the cartridges need to be replaced on the pool filter, Sta-Rite System 3 S8M600, which I am having a very hard time finding. The replacement cartridges I am finding are very expensive. I am starting to understand that the filter has been discontinued some time ago, also making me wonder when the cartridges were last changed.

I am looking for recommendations on where to find the cartridges (already found them at pool supply unlimited), some kind of retrofit kit to a more available filter, and finally a recommendation for a new filter itself. I have an in ground pool and spa, about 12,500 gallons, plaster pool. Pretty sure all the equipment is getting to the end of the expected life, pool was built in 2010-2011 from what I can tell.

The filter housing should be good for many more years, and other size cartridges fit it. Most likely the 500s which also share the S8M housing. Go to pentairs website to the Q and A section. Ask which other cartridges will fit your housing. It takes them a couple of days to respond and you'll have an answer.

The filter housing should be good for many more years, and other size cartridges fit it. Most likely the 500s which also share the S8M housing. Go to pentairs website to the Q and A section. Ask which other cartridges will fit your housing. It takes them a couple of days to respond and you'll have an answer.
Right on! Thank you I will try this route. I am not excited to spend $1000 on new cartridges or more for a all new filter!

I am not excited to spend $1000 on new cartridges
That's what I found for new ones. Both these are the big one and link to the little one further down the page. It's not the worst thing because ever because they'll last another 10 years, and that's better than $1700 (?) on a new filter.

Your model # shows up on my filters (500s) the arrow points to the middle # (mine), and yours is the bottom #.

Pretty sure all 3 fit the same housing and these are a good deal cheaper in non shortages times.

Fat one :

20221122_171727.jpg

Skinny one :

20221122_171934.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.