May 18, 2024
Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello.
First start after the winter and the heater does not work anymore after ca. 15 Minutes.
At first everything was ok. I could change the temperature and it started to heat.
Suddenly only the “SPA on” light is on. I also cannot change in that mode the temperature. When I push the “Pool on” button nothing happens. I was told that I must use that mode. Only the “off” button works. No service light is on.
Any idea how I can fix that? Thanks

Update:
After one hour shut off, I can again adjust the temp. But still not possible to activate “pool on”.
It does not heat, as it shows always 126 or 91. Any ideas please?

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpeg
    IMG_0357.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Is the heater connected to automation?

Do you have a pool only or pool and spa?

The membrane keypad could be bad. They are replaceable.

Thank you so much for your support!

Automation? I’m not sure if I understand that correctly. I have one switch for the pool pump and one separate switch for the heater. I guess therefore, no.

I have only one outlet that goes into 2 pool inlets. I guess you use the pool/spa split only if you also can separate the water flow, or?

Again an update: I opened the main cover, took out a huge amount of leafs and now I can directly after the start set the temperature. Again only SPA and after a few minutes not changeable and only showing a number of ca. 360. I guess the temp in the chimney? But it heats up the water 🙃 Probably only coincidence…

Membrane keypad? That would be great because it’s cheap. I guess it’s

Pentair 42002-0029Z​

As a copy even for $10 available 😃 Worth a try.

Thanks again

The 360 is your stack flue temperature. It is displayed when you press and hold the On button to display the exhaust temperature. That confirms your ON button is stuck on the keypad.

To all who will have the same issue, here the final result:
Thanks to ajw22 I could fix it for $10! I’m so happy.
Enjoy the pool-summer!

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpeg
    IMG_0396.jpeg
    465.1 KB · Views: 1