srta-rite max-e therm with prologic

Alexr54

Jun 17, 2015
Florida
I have a STA-RITE MAX-E Therm 400k BTU LP heater.

I am not sure if i wired it up correctly. It is turning on OK and is heating my spa OK. But i am not sure its working as intended with the prologic.
The heater is constantly turning off and on while heating the water. Water gets nice and hot in the spa but its constantly turning off and on during the heating process.

I may have not wired it correctly for the firemans switch. So i think the prologic is not controlling the heaters heat settings but the heaters built in control panel is doing all the work.
The heater will only turn on manually and will only turn on if my spa pump is running, so thats good.

Is it OK to keep it this way or should i make sure the firemans switch is connected properly?

Short cycling is an indication the heater is overheating and the safety systems shut it down until it cools down and then it restarts. It is usually a problem with the thermal regulator or bypass valve. Start by checking the thermal regulator.

thermal regulator or bypass valve. Start by checking the thermal regulator.

Thank you! I will look into that next. I really appreciate the info. Its a fairly new heater and hardly used. I did need to change the igniter once, it got cracked due to condensation from lots of rain in my area.

Im in the process of building a pool equipment shed. The heater will be in the shed with the exhaust going out the roof.
Hopefully this helps prolong my equipment's lifespan a bit more.

Make sure you have adequate air intake into the shed for the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.