SR Smith TREO lights with Hayward Omnilogic

mikegross99

Apr 21, 2023
Edgartown MA
Hello,
I have a pool about 2 years old. The pool contractor put in a Hayward Omnilogic controller and installed SR Smith TREO color pool lights. I have two issues.

1.) When I select a fixed color or light show from the Hayward Omnilogic app, I get something totally different than what I selected.
2.) One of the lights does not sync with the rest of the lights. I have six lights. Five will turn the same color (though not the one I selected) and the other light will be a totally different color.

I've done a bit of calling around and I've learned that these lights are not compatible with the Hayward Omnilogic controller. Hayward tells me that if I want to communicate with the lights via the Hayward app, I need to buy their Colorlogic bulbs. I don't want to have to invest a ton of money in new lights and fixtures. SR Smith tells me there is a workaround if you go into the Hayward controller and change the default from "color lights" to "white lights". After the lights are changed to "white lights" there is a series of steps that requiring rapidly toggling the lights on and off. My issue is I cannot find any setting in the Omnilogic controller that refers to "white lights". I only see "color lights". Maybe there's something else in "service mode"? The other issue is that there is no quick way that I can see to power down the lights. Every time I power them down, it takes 30 seconds or so.

SR Smith also said issue #2 might be a bad LED and that I can file a warranty claim and they will send me a new LED lamp.

So my question is for issue #1 right now. Does anyone know where I can set the Omnilogic controller to "white lights" and is there another way to power the lights on and off. I am attaching the document from SR Smith that addresses this workaround to use SR Smith lights with Hayward. Are there are solutions to resolve issue #1 that I am not thinking of? For example, is there a way to purchase a separate LED controller so and use a different app to select colors for the SR Smith lights that are currently installed?

Thanks,

Mike

Attachments

• SR Smith TREO LED Light Owners Manual.pdf
    312.5 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to TFP.

In the OmniLogic Configuration say the light is incandescent and what relay the light power is wired to.

Incandescent is a standard white light turned on and off by a switch.

1683863391324.png

Hello,
I have a pool about 2 years old. The pool contractor put in a Hayward Omnilogic controller and installed SR Smith TREO color pool lights. I have two issues.

1.) When I select a fixed color or light show from the Hayward Omnilogic app, I get something totally different than what I selected.
2.) One of the lights does not sync with the rest of the lights. I have six lights. Five will turn the same color (though not the one I selected) and the other light will be a totally different color.

I've done a bit of calling around and I've learned that these lights are not compatible with the Hayward Omnilogic controller. Hayward tells me that if I want to communicate with the lights via the Hayward app, I need to buy their Colorlogic bulbs. I don't want to have to invest a ton of money in new lights and fixtures. SR Smith tells me there is a workaround if you go into the Hayward controller and change the default from "color lights" to "white lights". After the lights are changed to "white lights" there is a series of steps that requiring rapidly toggling the lights on and off. My issue is I cannot find any setting in the Omnilogic controller that refers to "white lights". I only see "color lights". Maybe there's something else in "service mode"? The other issue is that there is no quick way that I can see to power down the lights. Every time I power them down, it takes 30 seconds or so.

SR Smith also said issue #2 might be a bad LED and that I can file a warranty claim and they will send me a new LED lamp.

So my question is for issue #1 right now. Does anyone know where I can set the Omnilogic controller to "white lights" and is there another way to power the lights on and off. I am attaching the document from SR Smith that addresses this workaround to use SR Smith lights with Hayward. Are there are solutions to resolve issue #1 that I am not thinking of? For example, is there a way to purchase a separate LED controller so and use a different app to select colors for the SR Smith lights that are currently installed?

Thanks,

Mik
Welcome to TFP.

In the OmniLogic Configuration say the light is incandescent and what relay the light power is wired to.

Incandescent is a standard white light turned on and off by a switch.

View attachment 490923
Hi Allen, Thank you for this information. When I am in the Omnilogic controller all and I hit the button for lights - all I see is “Color Lights”. Where should I navigate to the option you are referring to that says “Incandescent”? Do I need to go to “Service Mode”. It looks like there may be an installation or set up guide - can you send me a link to where I can download it if you think that would be helpful? Thanks! Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.