Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Well, the subject says it all... New screen enclosure, squirrels got in (they were running around the pool) and we got them out and blocked that hole. New hole yesterday. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I thought about a electronic/ultrasonic noise maker thing. They work good for rodents but the reviews were mixed for squirrels. What about feeding them on purpose with a few feeders in the yard? They would realize very quickly that the food is outside and not in the cage. It could always backfire I guess when they tell all their friends and 100 squirrels come over, but you may be able to co-exist.

I thought about a electronic/ultrasonic noise maker thing. They work good for rodents but the reviews were mixed for squirrels. What about feeding them on purpose with a few feeders in the yard? They would realize very quickly that the food is outside and not in the cage. It could always backfire I guess when they tell all their friends and 100 squirrels come over, but you may be able to co-exist.
I was thinking about that - There is no way we're getting rid of our local squirrel population - way too many trees. Maybe if we can't beat them....

Reactions: Newdude
Our two cats and one dog are currently an epic fail.
Bwaaahaaa! I just about spit-out my food laughing on that one. Well, I have a German Sheppard that would probably pee on the floor if someone kicked the door down. :)

Bwaaahaaa! I just about spit-out my food laughing on that one. Well, I have a German Sheppard that would probably pee on the floor if someone kicked the door down. :)
My 140lb bloodhound would pin down an intruder and lick him to death. Im not gonna split hairs on how he stops the intruder.

Current plan is to block off the new hole and pay protection (i.e. squirrel food someplace else) until they forget about the patio. Maybe put some coyote pee pellets (or some such) around the enclosure for extra deterrent.
What's crazy is that Dog is usually nuts about chasing squirrels. But at 13, she's a pretty sound sleeper. In our bedroom.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How are they getting up there in the first place ? Are they chasing nuts falling from branches in your gutters ? They might just be looking for an easier way down if they are coming from the roof. If so I’d trim any branches as high and wide as possible to make it more difficult for them to get up there.

Also, get the most difficult feeders you can find. Hanging cages filled with suet kind of difficult. Make them obsess over how to get the food in the yard (Cuz they figure out any kind of feeder) and maybe they’ll forget about the roof after a while.

How are they getting up there in the first place ? Are they chasing nuts falling from branches in your gutters ? They might just be looking for an easier way down if they are coming from the roof. If so I’d trim any branches as high and wide as possible to make it more difficult for them to get up there.
They aren't on the roof. The holes are near the ground. We might suspect other varmints if hubby hadn't interrupted a squirrel party a week ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.