Springtails Everywhere!

Springtails live in moist soil and mulch around the pool. I'm on day 4 after spraying a Bifen-based insecticide around my pool. Although the numbers have dropped significantly, they still find their way into the pool and where they die and float on on the surface. I'm going to try a stronger dose later this week. The good news is I don't have to worry about other pests like ants and spiders around the pool.

Hello. Here are a few pictures I took today which I believe are springtails in my pool. We have a full blown infestation of the little creatures. Thousands of them are hoping back and forth along the waterline in our pool. Every time it rains or if we run the sprinklers in lawn they come out in the thousands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. Here are a few pictures I took today which I believe are springtails in my pool. We have a full blown infestation of the little creatures. Thousands of them are hoping back and forth along the waterline in our pool. Every time it rains or if we run the sprinklers in lawn they come out in the thousands.

View attachment 111235

View attachment 111234
Oh my! These look a bit different than our springtailsB692BB8D-320A-447A-8668-B865794A0617.jpeg

Oh my! These look a bit different than our springtailsView attachment 111763

I took a very close up pictures in my post. If I were to take a picture from a little bit farther out, just as yours, I see the same floating groups of the things. I assume they are the same or very similar insects.

I would say the easiest way I found to clear them out is a fine mesh net and using a spray bottle with water and a bit of dish soap, as has been suggested in other threads.

Geoff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.