Spring opening, and I got carried away with chemicals

peterfitton

Silver Supporter
May 4, 2020
Connecticut
I opened my pool this past weekend and I got a bit bold with my chemicals. Before any testing I dumped 4 gallons of unmarked chlorine I got from a pool maintenance guy, and 4 gallons of hardware store muriatic acid. I also added about 10lbs of stabilizer.
Now that I’m getting around to testing I think I overdid it. Here are my current numbers:
cpH- 6.8
FC- 32.5
Cc- 4
Ch- 375
Ta- hard to tell, either 297 or over 1320 (I think my test was inaccurate due to the higher chlorine.
CYA- 82.
Am I in trouble? Normally I have a high pH, now it’s low. Should I change some water, or just aerate?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Peter

Aerate to raise your pH.

Where are those test results from?

What test kit was used?

If you have a drop based TA test, you need to see if you have any TA. If not, you need to add baking soda ASAP. Circulating this water through your heater could be slowly destroying it.

OK -- you may have lucked out. But you should never add that much chemical, especially without testing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.