Spring assist grill lids

Sharelick

Bronze Supporter
Jun 1, 2020
Sharon, Ma
I’m in the market for a built in grill to add to my outdoor kitchen.

First off I wanted a minimum of 36” of grilling space, interior lights, all quality 304 (or marine grade 316) SS construction, a good ignition system, and finally narrow spaces between the grates bc we like to cook salmon right on the grill.

So, I’ve looked into nearly every brand and had it narrowed down to:

Brand (Series - Size / Actual Grid width)
FireMagic (Aurora - 36”/36”)
DCS (9Series - 48”/43”)
Blaze (Pro - 44”/40”)
TEC (PFR2NT - 44”/41”)

But when I went to the store with the wife she hated how heavy the lid was on the large TEC grill. (Btw, she’s 36 years old, not 86). So now she wants a spring assisted lid which also isn’t available on the Blaze grills. But those are a much better price point then the Fire Magic and DCS. (Meantime, I also checked the DCS width and it won’t fit in my space so thats out too.
So I’m asking if anyone else has trouble lifting the lids on there large grills? I’d love to get some other opinions.

She may need to stand at a different angle to get the lid up AND she will have to find where to stand and hold to hold the lid as she closes it so it does not slam down. It is not easy for me but I found a way I can do it. Have her try different ways and see what she thinks. I stand to the side and use my right hand/arm to raise the lid. When I close it I stand in front of it and use both of my hands with them turn up so I am rolling the handle in my hands as it lowers.

Good luck finding one that works for both of you!

I’m in the market for a built in grill to add to my outdoor kitchen.

First off I wanted a minimum of 36” of grilling space, interior lights, all quality 304 (or marine grade 316) SS construction, a good ignition system, and finally narrow spaces between the grates bc we like to cook salmon right on the grill.

So, I’ve looked into nearly every brand and had it narrowed down to:

Brand (Series - Size / Actual Grid width)
FireMagic (Aurora - 36”/36”)
DCS (9Series - 48”/43”)
Blaze (Pro - 44”/40”)
TEC (PFR2NT - 44”/41”)

But when I went to the store with the wife she hated how heavy the lid was on the large TEC grill. (Btw, she’s 36 years old, not 86). So now she wants a spring assisted lid which also isn’t available on the Blaze grills. But those are a much better price point then the Fire Magic and DCS. (Meantime, I also checked the DCS width and it won’t fit in my space so thats out too.
So I’m asking if anyone else has trouble lifting the lids on there large grills? I’d love to get some other opinions.

Weber has a built in. No spring assist but it’s pretty light how the design is.

So I ended up buying a FireMagic with spring assisted lid. Happy wife=happy life is what many guys (and my wife) keep telling me. But AZrob, I’ll definitely show her a pic of your weighs, she’ll get a kick out of that.
I’m still waiting for everything to come in. Tons of stuff is delayed for up to 16 weeks, unfortunately. But the grill should arrive in about 6-7 more weeks.

Reactions: Arizonarob
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.