Sports Pool Depths

rfuentes

May 22, 2022
Boerne, TX
We have staked out and about to install sports pool! Looking for suggestions on pool depths. Currently 3.5/5/4. Thinking of going with 4/5/4 instead or even 4/5.5/4. Anyone have similar and suggestions on what worked best or what you would change? Also thoughts on bench placement?
159649D7-3FC0-42B9-A781-0E1759DEEF47.jpeg3FAC28C8-7EB3-45E9-9A58-5961D3D62FC4.jpeg

R,

3.5 is too shallow, so at a minimum I'd go for 4 x 5 x 4.

I also think the 5' is too shallow for the middle so I'd go with 5.5' in the middle.

It really depends on how you plan to use the pool. No diving of course, but you might want to be able to jump in at the middle.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: rfuentes
I would go at least 5'6" in the middle, better 6', deep enough for taller folks to comfortably tread water.
Our pool has a 3.5' shallow end which I find too shallow, but my wife says is "just right" since you have two shallow ends I would keep the 3.5 and 4' you show.

I have a 4-5-4 profile and I'm very happy with it.

3.5' is too shallow. I would definitely use 4' for your shallow ends.

5.5' is too deep for most people to stand comfortably. I would suggest 5' or go with a true deep area to support jumping/diving.

R,

3.5 is too shallow, so at a minimum I'd go for 4 x 5 x 4.

I also think the 5' is too shallow for the middle so I'd go with 5.5' in the middle.

It really depends on how you plan to use the pool. No diving of course, but you might want to be able to jump in at the middle.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks. Kids are a little bit older so I figured 3.5 might be too shallow. Looking mainly for lounging and some volleyball

OH I want to change the depths now thinking about the kids.

4.5x6x4.5 Reason they can canon ball in the 6' area. I also changed to 4.5 to ease the slope to the 6.

I would also think about some way to "mark" the 6' aka canon ball area. You could get a cute mosaic or two for the bottom or make that area's coping a bit different to help mark it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.