Sporadic tiny air bubbles coming from return

May 28, 2018
Dalton, MA
Hi, I noticed that my deep end return sporadically has tiny air bubbles coming out. It’s not a constant flow of bubbles, it lasts less than a second and the bubbles almost look like a mist. When it happens the best way I could describe it is that it kind of looks like if you were to quickly spray one of those pump type hairspray bottles. It’s been like this for weeks hasn’t gotten worse. Pump keeps it prime overnight.
Is this something I should be looking further into?

Tell us more about your pool. Filling out your signature helps us help you.

Do you have a Saltwater Chlorine Generator?

It’s a 16x32 in-ground. Vinyl liner that was installed in 2014. Pump motor and housing were replaced in 2016. Skimmer line replaced in 2017. And we just got a brand new perflex ec-65 tank in May(old one popped). We don’t have a saltwater chlorine generator. We use a chlorine dispenser which has an incoming line that’s patched into the line coming into the filter and it’s outgoing line is patched into the return.

I suspect it is a leak in the chlorinator system. But if your pump retains prime when shut down over night, not something to be concerned about.

Good luck.

TFPC does not recommend the daily use of trichlor so we do not have alot of discussion around those pieces of equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.