Split hose plunger valve and strainer connector sets

Keep adding liquid chlorine to keep your CL above 3-5 ppm.

CYA takes a few days to dissolve and show in your tests.

Do you have a K-1766 Taylor Salt Test or a salt meter like...

You can't rely on the LOW SALT or HIGH SALT warning on the SWG to tell you if you have the correct salt level.

Maintain your CL using liquid chlorine until you have the SWG running.

Ok, thanks. This is what I thought and wanted a confirmation on the purchase of the salt water test.

Also, I’m confused as to when to run the pump and filter. Do I always run them simultaneously? I need an example of a daily routine. For example. 9 am turn on pump and filter, 30 minutes later test water, then what!? Thank you so much!

To be clear, you run your pump and water flows through your filter and pool system. Anytime you run your pump the filter is running.

You can test the water anytime the pump has been running for 30 minutes.

With a SWG you need to run your pump long enough for the SWG to generate the needed chlorine. SWG generates chlorine slowly. So your pump runtime is dictated by your SWG chlorine generation needs.

You can determine your SWG runtime using the "Effects of Adding" feature in PoolMath

Reactions: Mdragger88
Usually its safe to add up to 3/4 of the total recommended amount of salt. Use PoolMath to determine what that is. I think its one more bag.
Your pool volume is approx 8600 gal - please add that in your signature. Until u have the proper level of salt in you cannot depend on your swg completely for chlorination. Dose daily with liquid chlorine until u get there.
Do u have a combo swg & filter/pump unit? If so when u tell it to chlorinate the pump & filter will also run. If they are separate units you will set the timer for your filter/pump (example: 12 hrs) then wait a few (30) minutes & set the timer for your swg (example: 10 hrs). The pump must be running for the swg to work or it will shut off due to no flow. To ensure this doesn’t happen set filter to come on before swg & continue to run for some time after. Once u do this they will come on everyday @ the same time u 1st initiated them unless there is a power failure

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.