Splashless Clorox

Gunner67

Jul 28, 2020
CT
Yesterday I added the specified amount of splashless clorox to get my FC number to optimal levels. I didn't realize that the splashless version has added soap, and now my pool has bubbles in it. Any suggestions on how to clear this without draining the pool or simply waiting it out? The FC was 6.5 after I added the clorox yesterday and this morning it was down to 4 PPM and .5 CC, my CYA is about 55-60. Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated. Safe to swim in, will we get a film of Clorox suds on us if we get in?

Don't use any Clorox brand liquid bleach.....they've changed the formula to include polymers (CloraMax technology they call it) and it makes it unsuitable for pool use.

Look for liquid pool shock or Walmart's 10% Pool Essentials liquid chlorine.

Maddie

Don't use any Clorox brand liquid bleach.....they've changed the formula to include polymers (CloraMax technology they call it) and it makes it unsuitable for pool use.

Look for liquid pool shock or Walmart's 10% Pool Essentials liquid chlorine.

Maddie

I used Clorox last summer, until I found out about the polymers and noticed the bubbling. I was just wondering, do the polymers stay in the pool, and are they any cause for concern?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.