Fresno, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I'm having an issue where whenever my pool is in spillover mode the heater is running. Obviously this is a huge waste of money since the reason for the spillover is to cycle the spa water in/out of the spa, not to heat the water. I just noticed this happening a week ago. We opened this new pool a year ago and never noticed the heater running when in spillover mode.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

All equipment is Jandy and using iAqualink to control via the app.

Thank you!

Why is the heater running?

Are you trying to heat the pool or spa?

Why is the heater running?

Are you trying to heat the pool or spa?
That's wht I'm trying to figure out, lol. I'm not drying to heat either when it's in "Spillover Mode". Just circulating the water so the chemistry matches the pool. I never noticed the heater running while in spillover mode before last week.

I don't have iAqualink in front of me. @PoolGate @HermanTX can tell you how to set the heater to OFF in the SPILLOVER schedule if you can't find it.

That's wht I'm trying to figure out, lol. I'm not drying to heat either when it's in "Spillover Mode". Just circulating the water so the chemistry matches the pool. I never noticed the heater running while in spillover mode before last week.
It appears that your RETURN JVA is assigned to the heater. So in spillover mode, the RETURN JVA turns.
Go to Menu, then System Set UP, then go to Assign JVAs. Click on the Return JVA and on the right side it should be NO ASSIGNMENT. My guess is that it is assigned to the AUX that turns on your heater
Show a screen shot like this
Assign JVAs 1.jpg

It appears that your RETURN JVA is assigned to the heater. So in spillover mode, the RETURN JVA turns.
Go to Menu, then System Set UP, then go to Assign JVAs. Click on the Return JVA and on the right side it should be NO ASSIGNMENT. My guess is that it is assigned to the AUX that turns on your heater
Show a screen shot like this
View attachment 572714
Thanks for the reply!!!! Here's what my screen shows.....Image 5-13-24 at 4.21 PM.jpeg

Are you using One Touch to go to spillover mode? Alternatively, do you have it scheduled at certain times?
If you are using One Touch then that has a separate set up where you can select the heater to activate with another function.

Are you using One Touch to go to spillover mode? Alternatively, do you have it scheduled at certain times?
If you are using One Touch then that has a separate set up where you can select the heater to activate with another function.
No, One touch is not set up for spillover. Yes, I have spillover scheduled to run for :30 twice a day. I did get the heater to turn off while in Spillover mode by manually lowering the set temperature on the heater itself but I have to do the reverse to get the heater to come on when I put it in Spa mode. Trying to get it back to where the only time the heater comes on is when I put it into spa mode (via one touch) so it will heat the spa uo to the preset temperature of 102 degrees. I have someone that is supposed to come by tomorrow and take a look at it.

No, One touch is not set up for spillover. Yes, I have spillover scheduled to run for :30 twice a day. I did get the heater to turn off while in Spillover mode by manually lowering the set temperature on the heater itself but I have to do the reverse to get the heater to come on when I put it in Spa mode. Trying to get it back to where the only time the heater comes on is when I put it into spa mode (via one touch) so it will heat the spa uo to the preset temperature of 102 degrees. I have someone that is supposed to come by tomorrow and take a look at it.
OK. Please report back any findings that this tech may do. Something is linking to enable your heater to the spillover feature.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got to do some more research. Do you have a VS Pump? I am wondering if on your Speed Settings that the setting for Spa Heat speed also has a link to an AUX such as AUX 3 which is the Spillover Setting. See my screen below where it shows the AUX in the far right side - all are N/A but yours may be linked. Just something I found while looking at all the menus.
IMG_0510.png