Speedstir results vs manual results for FAS-DPD chlorine level

Soooo...

I saw Dave's response about what Taylor said. I couldn't help myself but to check to see if I'd get repeatable results with that method.

To sum up... I didn't see results that made sense.

When I added the extra drop after the pink went full clear, my CC result was 0, which was not the same as it was when I stopped adding when it went clear (.5 CC). I repeated this twice, and got the same results. I then repeated the stop at full clear, got .5 CC again, which is what I would expect since I actually dropped .5ppm below minimum today (asked kid to add bleach last night, he didn't do it). Even when I don't drop below minimum I usually see .5 CC when I test although I do get the occasional 0.

While I understand that Taylor has said so and am happy to fall in line if that's the way TFP is going to go forward with the guidelines, I do think TFP should make those changes to the instructions in the kit and online. I do think this change will conflict with the existing long time Taylor instructions as shown in their kits and confuse people somewhat, therefore causing a lot of differences between those who follow a new updated TF-100 instruction card and web page and those who use Taylor. Not to mention not only people taking time on the forums to tell people to use 10ml instead of 25ml, but also there will be posts noting the FC/CC extra drop method.

I can see really only one issue however with this method since 0 CC every day instead of .5 CC isn't going to break anything, and 1 CC without other indications of issues also probably doesn't mean anything (except when normally it would be 1.5 CC, which now has me second guessing my thought of only ONE issue)... But when doing an OLCT, those who might otherwise see 1.5 CC on an OLCT will see 1 CC and stop SLAM prematurely. Which also might not be the worst thing either.

<insert deep thinking... then shake it off>

However all the above does not comply with TFP methods as they stand now and have stood for years which is why I'm deep thinking it.

I also am ok with TFP changing things up when needed.

I now wonder if this thread should be moved.

This thread belongs where folks can see it. TFP and Taylor are on the same page and always have been. The printed instructions for any test simply cannot cover the minutiae and nuances of every test........instructions are aimed at newbies so they are not overwhelmed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.