Speakers are in the ground. Minor issue.

Cephrael

Gold Supporter
Apr 19, 2019
Massachusetts
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So I got my speakers in the ground, wires run, and powered them up. The monoprice sycamore 4.1 (I added 2 extra satellites to the 2.1) setup is great. Powered them with a monoprice unity 450w bridgeable amp. Source is an amazon echo input. Sounds better than expected for the price. Honestly don't think I need the second 4.1 but I have it so might as well use it.

Highly recommended for those looking into a budget outdoor setup. The sycamore 2.1 was on sale last I looked.

so one of the 4.1 setups sounds great, the second one has a problem. The volume on one channel is very quiet, so I’m gonna be trying to figure out why later. Any suggestions?

still lots of landscaping to do, but it'll be done this year.

E01420C6-5603-4C5B-B7D3-45E57AC12277.jpegCBE108E1-ACC1-46D2-84F9-7F87B83CB2ED.jpeg06991B0D-1AB0-449A-A6AC-70D9E29D3786.jpeg

How does the bass from the sub-woofer sound around your pool area? Is it pretty uniform or is it louder/boomy the closer you get to it? I am thinking about this system and trying to figure out how close the sub needs to be to the seating areas.

How does the bass from the sub-woofer sound around your pool area? Is it pretty uniform or is it louder/boomy the closer you get to it? I am thinking about this system and trying to figure out how close the sub needs to be to the seating areas.
The one I placed near the pool house sounds amazing. Nice and deep and booming. The other one is nice but a bit washed out without anything to bounce the sound off of. Still has some thump, just not as much as the other one.

Reactions: NCMike
Monoprice will be sending me a new sycamore 2.1 to replace the non working one. After some troubleshooting, we determined that the crossover wasn’t working properly.

Is this to replace the 'washed out' sounding unit? I am going to try and get my 2 sets connected up this weekend. Just want to know if there is something specific to look out for.

Thanks,

--Jeff

Make sure u use watertight nuts for all ur connections. Bury the sub in gravel also.
Just 2 off the cuff things I’m thinking of.
I’m waiting on my Nuvo 6.1 setup to come. Everything is backordered.

Is this to replace the 'washed out' sounding unit? I am going to try and get my 2 sets connected up this weekend. Just want to know if there is something specific to look out for.

Thanks,

--Jeff

no it’s to replace the one with a bad crossover. Only one channel was working on it.

because of the way sound travels, you aren’t going to get great bass unless there is something for the sound to bounce off of. But for what it is and where it’s located, it sounds pretty good. I’ll post up a video tomorrow so you can hear it.

Make sure u use watertight nuts for all ur connections. Bury the sub in gravel also.
Just 2 off the cuff things I’m thinking of.
I’m waiting on my Nuvo 6.1 setup to come. Everything is backordered.
I soldered the connections with these connectors. Worked great and then wrapped them in duct tape for extra protection.

buried in very soft sand. I’m lucky that my whole yard is mostly sand. Makes it easy to dig in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very nice! I just got my second system in the ground today and finally got everything wired up! It sounds great! I did go with 2 systems and 8 satellites as well. Not sure just the 4 satellites would have been enough for me.

Reactions: Teenwolf74
Very nice! I just got my second system in the ground today and finally got everything wired up! It sounds great! I did go with 2 systems and 8 satellites as well. Not sure just the 4 satellites would have been enough for me.

What amp are you powering it with? I am looking to do the same set-up and trying to keep it as low cost as possible.

Had a thought. Since the sub is wired using a 4 connector wire from an amp for Right and left channel, Could you use a home theater receiver to wire 2 sets the same way? Basically do Front left and right channel to one set of 4.1 and Rear Right and left to a 4.1. This would be great because its super simple to run sources through a receiver and they are very easy to find discounted locally on Marketplace or Craigslist.

Had a thought. Since the sub is wired using a 4 connector wire from an amp for Right and left channel, Could you use a home theater receiver to wire 2 sets the same way? Basically do Front left and right channel to one set of 4.1 and Rear Right and left to a 4.1. This would be great because its super simple to run sources through a receiver and they are very easy to find discounted locally on Marketplace or Craigslist.
I don’t know. I would think it would be possible, but I’m not an expert on audio.

Reactions: Teenwolf74
Recently installed the Monoprice Sycamore with four satellites around a new pool build, but I’m having an issue where the sound output to each satellite is very low, to the point where they can’t be heard from a foot or so away, with volume maxed out.
Using a 200w amp with Amazon Alexa as the source. Wired a L channel “trunk” with two satellites spit from there, and the same on the right; marching +/- along the way. Wire runs (14 gauge wire) are long, though. 150+ feet back to the amp.

Any one experience similar issues? Could I have wired something wrong causing very limited power / volume to the satellites? The bass is solid/strong.

Thanks.

I had the opposite problem with no output from my subwoofer. Turns out my two subwoofer were full of water. Monoprice replaced the subs and next time I installed them I made sure no water was getting in.

Have you tried a different source? laptop or computer maybe where you know it is outputting a good signal. Also recheck all our wiring. Id take a satellite or 2 back to the sub and wire directly to rule out the wiring in between that you did or to see if the speaker itself is bad. Are you getting a good sound out of the sub? Try a base test on youtube to make sure you are getting a good signal to the subwoofer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.