Speaker, Lighting and Design Feedback

Dec 14, 2018
Roseville, CA
Hello,

New to TFP looking to throw my new pool at the group and see what you all think.

We cant wait to finish, slow going in California during rainy season though.

I was hoping for input on the speaker and LV Lighting placement I am mapping out and hoping to see if I am missing anything.

I am doing pathway downlighting around the edge, and uplighting on our trees around the fence area, also was going to install some hardscape wall lights in the retaining wall we are building.

For speaker system I am still trying to nail down exactly what I am going to buy and where to put the equipment, I am not certain I can run wire from the living room, may have to do garage, or I could build an enclosure around pool equipment to house the stereo equipment also.

Let me know any ideas.

Oh for upgrades we did PH Controller, SWCG double size, quartzscapes, the water feature and I ran my own gas line to the fire pit area so we can install the firepit.

Thank You Folks!

Pool Design.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why picture is sideways it isn't in the file

I've been using VoltLighting for a while - best quality versus price / brass fixtures, very well constructed.

I went through the same sound issues - no ethernet cabling to pool area. I want to watch TV to, so I went with a sunround sound reciever and AppleTV. For the reciever, I went with Yamaha, and is using their MusicCast app / feature. Works very well over WiFi - and the best thing is that it does not turn the volume down when you get a message or a phone call. Infact, you can turn the phone off, and the music still plays, cause it runs on their server.

I use wired speakers from Definitive Technology, AW-6500 - best sound for outdoor speakers, and run a 5-1 setup....

Other options are Denon HEOS, or SONOS for a wireless speaker system...

Last edited:
From ur speaker placement looks like u r doing an array? If not remembercthink aboutcthe speakers in pairs cause they r stereo sound. U want to have proper imagining. Try to place each set of speakers so they form a cone into a area and base ur coverage on that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.