LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
As many of you have seen today we’ve had a rash of Spam sent in private to various members. We’ve been working to halt these messages and I’m crossing my toes I’ve altered the settings enough to slow them down. I’ve temporary closed registration and limited permissions to send messages until we can figure out more what’s occurring.

If you get any messages please report it and a Mod will bounce the user back to Russia.
Lee

Most places have a 10 post limit set so you can not message without 10 posts.. I kind of like that, stops people from going straight to message and not posting anything on the forum... :)

We have a 30 second rule (?). Often times my spaz brain thinks of something else and I have to wait. It’s like watching the last 10 seconds on the microwave like it’s New Years Eve

7…….. SIX……. FIIIIIIVVVVEEE…….

THREEEEEEEEEEE

TWOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

Oh man this is gonna be AWSOME !!!!!!!!!

*ONE * !!!!!!!!!!!!

‘OP read the abcs’

*falls over from the excitement *

so epic. :laughblue:

• Haha
Reactions: cowboycasey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Anyone else ever wonder if it’s cool to teach the robot how to prove he is human on the capachita thingies ?

Or how he doesn’t know what cars look like but I’m supposed to let him drive me in traffic ?

• Haha
Reactions: cowboycasey
It’s always fun to match our robot (Marty) against another robot (Russian Spammer) to see who wins. Marty clearly sent a few spammers home crying today.

On most days TFP takes a very soft approach on limiting users and their permissions. It’s very rare to see this on the site and I suspect in time we’ll shift back to really giving some freedom to the posters. For the time being things are really “locked down” and these have appeared to halt the issues. It’s been almost 2 hours since we’ve seen a Spammer’s IP create an account and even longer since we’ve seen any reported spam. I’m off to now check some of the third party Spam blocking resources now to start figuring out how/why these accounts were missed by their services.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.