Spalink RS Replacement/repair

zz28zz

Mar 26, 2018
Austin, Tx
Our Spalink RS spa-side controller is dead, again. I replaced it 2 years ago when it died. Now it's dead again. The replacement cost is outrageous. Are there any options? I tried searching for a repair facility but had no luck. Anyone repair one themselves? Thx!

Can you use this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Jandy-Side-Remote-Function-White/dp/B004S3JK3I/ref=pd_lutyp_im_3_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004S3JK3I&pd_rd_r=BC1G39QYSD3B46XZJDXH&pd_rd_w=kPaHg&pd_rd_wg=n8JZ7&psc=1&refRID=BC1G39QYSD3B46XZJDXH

41uSqtqt-7L.jpg

zz,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your "Zombie" equipment questions.. :shark:

There is nothing inside the unit but four momentary switches and an Led. The switches go bad from being too close the water. I have not tired, but seems it would be pretty simple to repair it. Runs off of five volts from the automation system so there is no safety issue. Below is a schematic from a Pentair unit.. Color codes are probably different on yours, but the basic operation is the same...

dbtgallery.php

Thanks,

Jim R.

It fits in a cut-out in the brick that surrounds the spa, so I'm pretty much stuck with this size. It went dead then started messing up the inside control panel. I disconnected the spa side controller and the inside unit is fine now. If it's anything like the inside controller, there's not much to it. Mine has 9 buttons and a LED temp display.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.