Space between upright and wall

wwwhit

Jun 17, 2020
Ohio
Our pool has just been filled and I’ve noticed that some of the uprights are not touching the pool wall at all or completely. Is this a problem? The gap is small, but enough to see through. This has been a long road with a DIY install x2 (due to contractor unavailability). The pool was already taken down once due to being a few inches off level. We re-leveled with a transit and it is near perfectly level. Is this an out of round issue? Can it be corrected the next time we change the liner?

Attachments

• C1573AFF-A084-40E5-9FE2-4A624DD48E48.jpeg
    C1573AFF-A084-40E5-9FE2-4A624DD48E48.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 43
Same as on our pool that was installed couple weeks ago. There is a one upright where I can stuck my finger between wall and the upright.

Same as on our pool that was installed couple weeks ago. There is a one upright where I can stuck my finger between wall and the upright.
Everything about this whole process has made me nervous. I just want it to be safe. I couldn’t get a finger between the wall and upright but it’s still making me worry. Do you have ideas on what has caused it or how to fix?

Everything about this whole process has made me nervous. I just want it to be safe. I couldn’t get a finger between the wall and upright but it’s still making me worry. Do you have ideas on what has caused it or how to fix?
THe only thing I can thing about is that the upright was not aligned correctly on the top and bottom cap. I don't think wall should put much pressure on the upright since they are held in place with two small screws only. I don't think it's a problem. Once you bolt both ends of the steel wall it cannot stretch and push against the uprights. Another thing I can think about is if the pool is not perfectly round and there is no radius where the upright is . What I mean is the wall looks like this in that spot "I" instead of like this ")"

THe only thing I can thing about is that the upright was not aligned correctly on the top and bottom cap. I don't think wall should put much pressure on the upright since they are held in place with two small screws only. I don't think it's a problem. Once you bolt both ends of the steel wall it cannot stretch and push against the uprights. Another thing I can think about is if the pool is not perfectly round and there is no radius where the upright is . What I mean is the wall looks like this in that spot "I" instead of like this ")"

That all makes sense. thanks for your input!

I have to wonder if this is partially due to the way the verticals are packaged and shipped. They are stacked together in bulk and are supposed to be the exact same size. I would think that as the stack grows higher, the verticals on top are stretched more than the ones at the bottom of stack and some of this memory remains after installation.

I have to wonder if this is partially due to the way the verticals are packaged and shipped. They are stacked together in bulk and are supposed to be the exact same size. I would think that as the stack grows higher, the verticals on top are stretched more than the ones at the bottom of stack and some of this memory remains after installation.
That is an interesting thought also. I hope that this gal doesn’t greatly reduce the integrity of the pool and that I’m overthinking it.

That makes sense. Especially that my pool was taken down last season so I could replace the wall. Pool guy took it down and stack all the uprights like you said flat on the ground. I didn't have that problem last season before he took down the pool

Reactions: wwwhit
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.