Spa spillway height

May 2, 2008
We had the coping and tile replaced during our pool re-plastering. The tile guys set the spillway lower than where our old one was. The old spillway was 4" above the bottom of the tile. The new spillway is 3 5/16" from the bottom.

Pool company says this is the "standard way" they set spillways. I think they screwed up. Should I have them redo the spillway tile to bring it up to 4"?

1659407537086.png

Welcome to TFP.

The spillway height will set the water depth in your spa.

You lost 11/16" of water depth in your spa.

How deep is your spa and do you care if you have a shallower spa?

Water height in the spa will be fine. I'm more concerned about cold pool water mixing into the hot spa water when both are being used - the pool and spa are at the same level and the normal water level would be at mid-tile height.

Yup, you will need to keep the pool water level below the spillover for the spa to operate properly.

Water is supposed to flow from the spa into the pool over the spillover, not the reverse.

That means you lost 11/16” of water depth in your pool.

You must have had thicker spillway ledge material prior, as the base level should have been same. If your normal pool level is going to be at level to it, then you would have neither a spillway without lowering your pool level by a good bit, which probably isn't practical, nor would it look like a true infinity wall at current pool level. Seems easy enough to raise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.