Spa spillover level OK at 4” below coping?

GP2

Apr 4, 2019
Houston, TX
Just a quick check to get thoughts on whether this is any cause for concern (leave as-is or consider changing). .. the spa spillover elevation is currently set at 4” below the coping rather than at the 3” midpoint of the waterline tile. So we will have ~4-1/4 tiles above, 1-3/4 tiles below the water. The spillover is stacked travertine so one additional stack would raise it about 1-1/4”.

Any issues/concerns here? Thanks!

19222300-4E66-430C-84B9-3164A116659B.jpegBB6B5AEC-070A-4699-BE41-9E1729E4EDC4.jpeg

AE23899B-14D0-4DB2-B4B5-12A032834973.jpeg

Last edited:
What is your concern? Looks or spa water depth?

The height of the spillover will define the depth of the water in the spa. Is the spa water line where you want it to be?

The spa depth will be OK with the current spillway level so no worries there. I think it was just different than I was expecting and wanted to be sure that there’s nothing “unusual” about it. I was expecting (looks-wise) the waterline at 1/2 the glass, and a section of tile going continuously under the spillways instead of stopping like it does on the sides. Even if we raised it, there would only be room for 1 or 1-1/2 tile due to the thickness of the coping, and I can’t think if any other concerns, so I think we've decided it will be fine. Please let me know if you think of anything else to consider. Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.