spa return jets missing?

moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Probably not a great photo but I have a customer on my pool route and when they start the air blower for their pool attached spa, the water so aggressive that is bubbles out over the top. Upon closer examination, I think that all the spa jet returns are missing some kind of fixture. I've looked at other spas and I saw one last week with new chrome return jet covers. I can probably get a better photo next Tuesday but right now, I'm wondering if there is any kind of return jet cover that I can pick up and see if it fits.
spa return.jpg

I can't recognize that jet. The 4 holes and 4 slots on the flange are distinctive, and would have fit a jet tool. The only similar tool I can find is an old American Products tool, but even it is not exact, and I can't find an AP jet flange to match.
You might contact some suppliers with your pics and the diameter of the jet.

Drain the spa down into the pool just below the jets and then turn on jets make sure you have good action out of all jets. These are older jets, and it looks like the face were replastered in. It looks like the nozzles inside could be adjusted up or down and may help

Last edited:
Probably not a great photo but I have a customer on my pool route and when they start the air blower for their pool attached spa, the water so aggressive that is bubbles out over the top.
The water flow needs to be pretty good to make the jets work correctly if you're pumping air into a venturi line.

I suspect that the center hex piece will unscrew.

Try to remove the center hex piece so that we can see it better.

Don't force it if it won't come out.

What is the water flow rate when the air blower comes on?

Looks like it is probably this:

Waterway Spa Hot Tub Mini Jet Nozzle Gunite 217-1060 1" PVC, 5/16" Orifice

598_Pasted-78.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RDspaguy
Waterway, the snap in inserts are probably long gone, if you look inside the jet you can see ridges that go around on the back of jet, the long legs on the insert when pushed inside would slide over the ridges and hold it in place, after awhile im sure the wear of the ridges, from taking inserts in and out, and the tension in the inserts legs becoming weaker would begin to result in the inserts being blown out of the jet constantly, then there just useless, and discarded etc, these insert type jets have usually been problematic in the field with spinner type jets being some of the worst.

Whenever you have a air blower on an air line the air blower can not be turned on without the pump running also, or the air will only do as you described and splash up on the deck etc

An air line without a blower will draw air through air line when pump is on only, this looks very odd to people when they see it with blower forcing air through air line

The pump can be on without the blower running, but the blower cannot be on without the pump due to the jets splash effect

I'm sure the jets still mix air and water without optional inserts but it may be possible to build up ridges on jet with something and see if a new insert would snap in, if that was even the reason behind current lack of inserts you might find out all you need is a new insert and it snaps right in,

If i could be there to put my eyes on it it would rule out or confirm the limited info i can derive from just a pic, or description you provided

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.