dntboles

Jun 29, 2019
Boerne, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I was gently awakened this morning by my wife telling me the spa (connected to pool) was running, but the water was below the jet line.

Like much of the USA right now, it's in freeze mode. I grabbed the remote and changed it to pool with spillway mode to refill the spa. Once it was filled, I turned off spillway mode and kept it in pool mode. A minute later, I second-guessed myself and turned the spillway back on.... but it never came on.

I went out to the pad and checked the spa/pool valve (fill side). When I pressed spillway on the remote, spa was closed off and it would only fill the pool. I can "manually" change them by flipping the toggle switch on the back of the valve.

Does freeze mode override remote controls? Obviously the servo motor works and the valve is functional. Is there something else I should be checking?

Thanks, y'all!

David,

If you have a Pentair automation system, when it goes into freeze mode it overrides everything else..

It will normally switch between the pool and spa modes every 15 minutes.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Awp14
Assuming you have an Easytouch (please update your signature) as long as you have Pool and Spa modes Freeze Protection engaged the system will alternate between the two. Sounds like you might have a wiring problem. In your case, I would put the system in Service mode, set the automated valves for the spa suction and return to partially open (so everything is moving water) and set the toggle switches to OFF to keep the valves set, and let things run. Then once this freezing event is over, troubleshoot.

Reactions: Awp14
Thanks, y'all. I had to leave but came back home and the spillway was on, then it turned off so everything is functioning. Maybe my EasyTouch just needed the morning coffee.

@mknauss thanks for the signature reminder. I was waiting on our PB to swap us over to ScreenLogic, but it's obvious he doesn't want his final $$$ and won't ever be back.

I'm topping up the pool with water now. I'll go to service mode with a split between suction sides and fill sides so it all stays moving, like you suggested.

Reactions: mknauss
I went to service mode, but couldn't get the pump to start back up. The freeze protection may be overriding that. So I went back to auto mode.

Then I switched the fill side to 50/50 spa and pool, and the suction side to 25% spa, 75% pool, so there's a small cascade coming from the overflow. They're on manual mode so they'll just stay like that. I switched off the breaker to the cleaner, so the system doesn't try to run it.

We're a little north of San Antonio and went further up north into the Hill Country to Fredericksburg today. We saw a Blue Bell ice cream truck that hit ice then swerved right, then went 90 degrees across the road to the other side then tipped over. It was about 26 degrees up there. We're about 31 down here. Be safe out there, y'all.

We're a little north of San Antonio and went further up north into the Hill Country to Fredericksburg today. We saw a Blue Bell ice cream truck that hit ice then swerved right, then went 90 degrees across the road to the other side then tipped over. It was about 26 degrees up there. We're about 31 down here. Be safe out there, y'all.
Is the Blue Bell safe? Asking for a friend...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.