jableander

Oct 14, 2021
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone. I am a newbie pool over with under 1 year experience. Any suggestions to my issue would be much appreciated / I have attached a pdf showing cracks and water leakage in a raised spa / pool wall in Austin. Cracks were discovered in the past week after two Austin freezes. The pool equipment plumbing and pumps that are visible are not leaking. However, I appear to have a leak in several areas where plumbing is entombed in a raised wall.

The plumbing and structure are under 1 years old, under warranty and the PB has been notified and has agreed to start to dig into the back wall. We also have suspicions that might have water leaks in the pool wall and the descent wall too that are associated with plumbing buried in a raised gunite wall. I am leaning toward have a leak detection before and after, but perhaps an important question is what to do in the future. While the pumps remained running during the freezes this year with a water temp never being recorded below 34F, we appear to have cracked plumbing. Any thoughts on how to proceed other than the PB repairs to what he deems to be leaking? and just keeping the pumps running during freezes? Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Spa Plumbing Leak.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 10
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.