Spa/pool combo freeze protection - a vote

dphanes

Aug 19, 2020
NC
What do people think is best for a spa/pool combo with one set of equipment during freeze protection:

1 - cycle between spa mode and pool mode every thirty minutes - con is wear and tear on actuators
2- run continually in spillway mode - con is spa stone wall will potentially go through freeze thaw cycle

really looking for people’s thoughts and what they do

2 is not running water though the pool returns and can allow water in pool return pipes to freeze.

3 reset your return valve for freezing conditions and run water through both spa and pool returns.

2 is not running water though the pool returns and can allow water in pool return pipes to freeze.

Goid point, but I believe u Can change the cam on the actuator to run a little water through pool returns but 90 percent throygh the spillway to address that valid concern.

You also have …

4 Winterize the pool

My order of preference is … 4, 3, 1

I close my pool for the winter, often go away and ignore it, and never had any damage to deal with in the Spring. I take the lazy way.

You also have …

4 Winterize the pool

My order of preference is … 4, 3, 1

I close my pool for the winter, often go away and ignore it, and never had any damage to deal with in the Spring. I take the lazy way.

If we were up north we would definitely close, but being in NC we get some nice days in winter where we can heat the pool and we use the spa quite often in the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.