Spa losing water

Mbarron13

Mar 12, 2021
Houston
Hi everyone, first post.

I have been trying to diagnose what I believe is a pool or spa leak somewhere.

When my valves pull from the pool and return to both pool and raised spa, I’m losing about an inch of water every 24 hrs.

I had a leak detection company come out, get in a wet suit, check all the likely spots and also pressure check the pvc piping. They didn’t find anything and are coming back out Thursday.

In the interm, what I did was switch to pool only mode, so no suction from spa or return to spa and see if either the pool or spa level dropped. The pool has held steady and my spa is dropping about an inch or more a day.

I am fairly certain that the spa water is not equalizing and feeding a pool leak because I do not see a rise in the pool level. It is holding steady. Plus I replaced the check valve a week ago.

So it seems to me there’s a leak in my spa and I’m waiting to see how far the water drops so I can get an idea of where the leak is.

Am I way off? What am I missing?

What happens if the system is in SPA MODE only, i.e. suction from spa and return to spa? Does the pool level remain constant? Does the spa level drop?
It is good what you are currently doing with Pool Mode and watching where the spa levels off to.
Do you have a raised spa or is it the same level as pool?

Hey Herman,
Thanks for the reply.

I’m going to let the spa drop as far as it will to see if I can spot where the problem is. If I don’t find anything, I’ll try your test and see what the results are. It’s the weirdest thing. I don’t see any plaster cracks, I checked the drains and behind the light niche. I can’t figure it out!

It’s a raised spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.